Here's a recipe from "The Black-Eyed Pea's Greatest Hits."
I visited the Black-Eyed Pea website recently and looked over the menus they have online (strangely, they have one menu for all of Texas and Colorado and another for Tennessee.) It made me REALLY HUNGRY. I'm definitely gonna give them a shot next time I am in Nashville.
Black-Eyed Pea Broccoli-Cheese Soup RecipeIngredients
- 1 1/2 pounds Broccoli, fresh
- 2 cups Water
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch, mixed with 1 cup cold Water
- 1 pint Half and Half
- 1 pound Velveeta
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender.
- Place half-and-half and 2 cups water in top of double boiler.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Add broccoli. Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl.
- Stir into cheese mixture in double boiler and heat over simmering water until soup thickens.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Black-Eyed Pea...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Broccoli Cheese Soup is by Robin Norwood and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License.