The Soup Man Seafood Bisque Recipe
- 2 cups dry White Wine
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 ribs Celery
- 1 Lobster (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 12 medium-size Shrimps, in shell
- 24 Mussels, well-scrubbed
- 4 cups Water, divided
- 12 Sea Scallops
- 4 cups Heavy (whipping) Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1 cup fresh Spinach, well-rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine the white wine, bay leaf, onion, garlic and celery in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the lobster, cover the pot and steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lobster, set aside and cool.
- Add the shrimps to the boiling broth, cover the pot and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimps with tongs, set aside and cool.
- Add the mussels, cover the pot and steam until they open, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mussels with the tongs, extract the meat and discard the shells.
- Add 2 cups of water to the liquid in the pot, bring to a boil and add the scallops.
- Cover the pot, and steam for 3 minutes.
- Remove the scallops with the tongs.
- Extract the lobster meat, reserving the shells.
- Peel and de-vein the shrimps, reserving the shells.
- Chop the meat into bite-size pieces, cover and set aside.
- Return the lobster and shrimp shells to the broth and add 2 more cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth and return it to the pot. Discard shells.
- Bring the broth to a simmer over low heat.
- Add the cream, milk and herbs and simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the seafood and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and carrots and simmer another 2 minutes to just wilt the spinach.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from The Soup Man...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of The Soup Man's Original Manhattan Store is by Angelina Earley - http://theroaminglife.com/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.